Sweet Home Fire

Albany Democrat Herald;

Trailer fire — A trailer fire that broke out Wednesday morning at Foster Lake RV Park & Campgrounds, 6191 Main St., destroyed a refrigerator and part of a wall, causing $7,000 in damage.

According to Battalion Chief Guy Smith, the blaze started inside the refrigerator, which was broken at the time but still plugged in. A neighbor spotted the fire, woke up a woman who was sleeping in the trailer and called the fire department at 8:24 a.m.

“When we got there the fire was pretty much out,” Smith said.

A neighbor who is a volunteer firefighter put out what was left of the blaze with a fire extinguisher and unplugged the refrigerator.

Read more…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: